Cooking gas explosion has killed a house wife identified as Mrs. Adeola Adewale in Omu-Aran in Irepodun local government area of Kwara state. The explosion also left her husband trapped.
The incident occurred Monday at Tabernacle 2c area, Egbe Garage, in Omu-Aran.
The state fire service which received a distress call following the fire that engulfed the deceased’s resident, said the woman was in the process of preparing food for the family when the gas exploded killing her.
A statement by head, media and publicity for the director of the state fire service, Hassan Hakeem Adekunle, confirmed the incident.
The statement reads: “The terrible incident which eventually claimed the life of the woman occurred Monday at about 10:35hrs, while she was trying to prepare food for the family.
“Firemen were able to put the situation under control and saved the victim’s husband who had also been trapped inside the fire explosion.
“Furthermore, the officers took him to the hospital to receive prompt treatment.
“Report says the areas affected by the fire generated from the gas explosion were sitting room, kitchen and dining.
“The director, Kwara state Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, charged the general public, particular women, to learn the correct practice of using cooking gas cylinder.”
Leave a Reply